23 mars 2010

ceci n'est pas une perte de temps


Today I took a "personal day" (not an unusual occurrence in my life, aha) and instead of going to classes went into the city by myself, something I actually haven't done in a long time. I went into Fnac (essentially the French version of HMV) to buy some Moleskines cahiers and ended up spending quite a long time there standing in the jazz section listening to whatever was featured over the headphones. It felt a bit pretentious -- well, my whole day was rather pretentious -- but I liked it.


As the weather was lovely -- first day going out without a coat on, it was ridiculously warm outside considering how cold it was just a week or so ago -- I walked to the park to have lunch then sat there watching people while reading Frank O'Hara's Lunch Poems (I'm generally rather cynical when it comes to poetry, but I love this so much) and scribbling/sketching in my notebook. I hated to have to leave.

This weekend V and I went to stay with a family we know that lives in (or rather on the outskirts of) a city called Pau, a few hours south of Bordeaux. They had been in the US recently and brought back chocolate chips, which you can't find here, and we baked decent chocolate chip cookies for the first time since we arrived in France.




And while on the train we passed through a town that is definitely on my list of places to visit:


About starting a blog, again: I need something to motivate me to do something with my life, and hopefully keeping this will force me to get out there and do things I can actually write about. Plus, I'm only here in France for exactly two more months: I need to make the most of it.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire